And those are just two names.
There's many, many more.
Marcus.
Tony,
Timothy,
Gilbert.
Noel and Nicole.
Dede
and Meisha.
Aana,
Rita,
Steve.
Betty.
Damian.
Jacob.
Rose.
Peati.
Marvin
and Jose.
People often ask where I received my college degree. And I answer with true alumni pride, "The University of Utah." But when asked where I received my education, I'd have to say,
"From these guys."
Because you see, I learned very quickly not to let schooling get in the way of my education. I learned that real learning comes from the people around us. And for me, that began with some of the most incredible people I've ever known.
Maya Angelou said,
"Your legacy is what you do every day. Your legacy is every life you've touched, every person who's life was either moved or not. It's every person you've harmed or helped.
That's your legacy."
So thank you. To all of you. For really moving me to be better. For really touching me. For helping me to understand the world just a little bit better.
You've left a beautiful legacy
on me
and taught me more than I could have ever
imagined possible.
You are more than just names to me. I will never forget any of you.
Never.

No comments:
Post a Comment